There should be an award for the most obscure blog titles, this has gone to be worth at least an honourable mention.
You know your a truly insane Disney World fangirl/boy when:
- You have a photo/video of yourself with a normal loooking trashcan.
- You know him (yes it's a him) by name, it's Push of course!
- You have stood in a crowd in the middle of Disney World, just to stare at said trash can.
- You're British and you're saying trash can rather then bin.
- You've casually chatted, or listened in on, someone talking to a trash can.
- You remembered the date he was sadly taken out of Disney World for good and are ridiculous enough to write a blog post on the anniversary of his departure....
For the sane people amongst you, Push was a talking trash can in Disney World that wheeled around Tomorowland, interacting with guests. For some reason, he was insanely popular and became a definitive fan favourite. I would love to imagine how that conversation went down when they were trying to put that idea across.
"Lets make a robot trash can and let it wander around talking to guests"
However it happened, it was a sucsess. The technology was actually pretty simple, it was ran by remote control by a guy dressed as an average tourist hidden behind a wall somewhere, miked up so he could chat individually to people. It's a simple trick but it work, kids and adults were fascinated by the trach can who could talk to them personally and it became a cult hit. Hell, it has it's own Wikipedia Page, someone even got him to propose to their girlfriend, but a year ago today, he was taken away. No one really knew why, but as quickly as he came, he was gone again.
There were protests, #savepush even trended on twitter, but alas, he was not to return.
Goodbye push, you strange garbage collecting creature, you shall be missed.