As you might remember from my old Weight Loss Wednesday posts, I have been trying to lose weight. In fact I have been trying to lose weight for the last 2 or so years, but unfortunately, it hasn't budged. Sure I've lost weight but it's all crept back on, now Summer is around the corner and it's making me really unhappy. I have a wardrobe almost bursting with clothes I can't wear, so many beautiful rockabilly dresses that don't fit round my waist, skirt that won't pull over my thighs, and geeky t-shirts that show off just a little too much tummy. It doesn't make me happy, so why do I put myself through it?
It is time to do something about it, by the power of peer pressure I have decided to put myself under the metaphorical microscope and share my weight loss journey with you. From now on you are all allowed to shout at me on twitter if you see me eating anything bad or trying to skip exercise! Trust me, I might need it!
One thing I want to do more of that I always skip when losing weight is exercise. In short, hate it. I always have, but I know it makes a difference, and I have to admit, it does feel good afterwards, so it's time to take my ass to the wall. A few months ago I started doing the 30 day shred, and I really did notice my body change shape, even if I didn't lose many pounds, so I am going to start doing that again and maybe some Yoga to help my flexibility.
I think it's important to know my own downfalls, here are the things I always struggle with:
- Weekends- If you know me at all you will know I am rarely at home, I am always in a train heading somewhere, which means I am eating out wherever I am, always a problem for dieters, especially those like me on Slimming World.
- Serial Snacking- Sometimes I just can't get full! I find myself reaching for the cupboard even late at night because I am starving!
- Sugar craving- This may be the hardest part for me, I am a complete sugar addict. I try to stick to my 'syns' but I find it really hard, at night time it's the worst!
- I eat everything on my plate- If it's in front of me, I won't stop till it's gone, and my mum makes big portions.
- I get hungry when I am board- This is an obvious one, I spend most of my time at work starving.
- I don't like fruit- With slimming world a 1/3 of what you eat is supposed to be fruit and veg, veg is all good, but I struggle to eat fruit, and if I'm hungry it just gives me stomach ache.
- Alcohol also gives me stomach ache- Almost every time I drink it's followed by days of this achy empty feeling that feels like I need to eat as much as possible to make it right. This isn't as much of a problem now I drink a lot less but I still want a night out every now and then.
There's probably more, but that's all I can think of right now. If anyone has any tips or wants to join in, I'd really appreciate it, I need all the help I can get! So here's my initial info:
Start weight 11 stone 3
Butt: 114 cm
Thighs: 112.5 cm
Comment below and give me a boost! I'd really appreciate it :)