How beautiful is this diary my friend got my for Christmas? It looks like a first edition Alice and it has really pretty illustrations inside...I just wanted to address that before I moved on.
Anyway, you know how last week I said I wasn't going to do any kind of New Year post and I had no resolutions etc? Yeah well that's all changed, being back doing a normal 9 to 5 job got my brain ticking so I thought I'd share with you all the little things I'd like to achieve this year.
- Listen to music more often, this is something that dwindles more and more as I get older and it is one of the biggest things for effecting my mood, so I really should do it more. Especially trying out new music.
- Pass my driving test, I've been on with it long enough!
- Visit at least one European city, I've seen so little of Europe it's kind of ridiculous.
- Invest £100 in the stock market. This is one of the stranger ones but I really want to learn more about how the stock market works and if it's worth while. I've got a little money saved up and I want to give it a try, this one will be the biggest stretch.
- Try and close the physical gap between myself and my boyfriend one way or another. Long distance sucks!
- Start up an ASMR channel and start posting videos as regularly as possible
Then onto the blog stuff, I know numbers and goals are something of a taboo but it do think it helps keep us all motivated. It's great writing and knowing that at least someone is going to read it, and interacting with people is my favourite part of blogging. Here's what I'd like to achieve this year:
- Use Instagram and Goodreads less lazily. I want to interact more and just actually writing mini reviews on Goodreads rather then just updating it and using hashtags on Instagram can really help strike up conversations.
- Take part in more twitter chats. I love twitter chats but this is the thing that I struggle to take part in most due to lack of time. I'm going to make a list of the times and try my best to be more involved this year.
- Hit a certain amount of views per month. I don't want to say the exact amount because I think people can be rather judgmental saying it's really low etc but you can only compete with yourself. I know what my monthly goal is and that's what matters.
- Hit 500 bloglovin followers. I feel more comfortable talking about this because it's public information. I just hit 200 followers this last weekend so I hope this goal is realistic.
- Hit 2000 twitter followers, I'm just over 1200 at the moment so lets see what happens.
My main goal of this year is just to explore, in whatever form that takes.
What do you want to achieve this year?