How are the hangovers coming along guys? I suggest milkshakes and pizza in copious amounts!
So yesterday I was telling you all how I don't really pay much attention to goals and how rubbish I am at sticking to them - yet here we are. The thing is, I like to make them anyway, I like the hope and motivation. 2016 is going to be an exciting and scary year for me. I'm moving to London and starting a new job at the other side of the country from my boyfriend and far away from all my friends. 2016 has a lot coming for me, here's what I want to do with it
- Make friends: This is something I always struggle with, I don't find it easy to make friends. I have something I call a two-year rule, where on average it takes me two years to make friends any new place I go. I need to make more of an effort and try and switch the part of my brain off that tells me everyone hates me.
- Work Hard: I am starting a new job and I have so much to learn, I really just want to try and take in as much as possible and start working my way up the ladder.
- Make the Most Out of Being in London: Let's face it, I love a night in more than anything, but if you are paying the extra price for being in London I think you've got to make the most out of being there. My sister is my inspiration, she has something going on most nights and she never stops. If you get in the loop there is plenty you can do for free so I want to experience as much as I can.
- Be healthier. Getting a car has made me so immobile, I'm hoping to do more walking and eat better when I'm completely in control of my food intake once more.
- Live outside of my blog I started my blog because I was out of work and knew no one, now that I'm balancing a full-time job and a blog I can be tempted to sit in and write after work rather than experiencing the world. I want to keep doing my blog though as it is really important to me. But I need to make sure that it's part of my life and not my whole life.
- Give my blog a makeover I've been playing around with the idea of updating my layout and possibly changing my blog name since March and so far I haven't done either. Now I don't even know if I want to change my name anymore, but either way, I need to refresh my layout!
- See more theatre and live music: This will depend on how I can stretch my money, but it's definitely something I want to do more of.
Now let's talk blog goals, it's easy to get lost in numbers and stats, so as much as I will set myself goals to work to they will only be soft goals. Whatever happens, happens. My blog isn't just a numbers game.
- Improve my Instagram photography: This is something I really started doing the last couple of months and I've seen an improvement in my likes and followers, so I'd love to continue this. If I passed 1000 followers I'd be happy.
- Be more social on social media: Sometimes it's easy to be on social media and not interact with other people, that's what I want to do more of. I love the community on twitter and I want to be more involved with it, and hopefully join in some chats if I have time. If I get to 2500 followers that would be a plus.
- Keep improving my blog photography: I started photography classes this year to help improve my photography, but I've had to cut it short because of my move. I hope this is something I can continue to work on.
- Carry on blogging and have fun doing it! This is my biggest blogging goal for this year, just to continue my blog and have fun with it through all the changes my life is going through. This might mean working with fewer brands and concentrating more on lifestyle posts, but we will see.
What do you want to achieve this year?